It’s time to Purge Polluted Air by Ingenious way
World Health Organization revealed that Air pollution causes an estimated 7 million people deaths worldwide every year. The study has projected that if emissions continue at the current rate, the number of deaths caused by air pollution could double by 2050-according to the new study by a Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health researcher and colleagues. Whether you are indoors or outdoors, air pollution is all around us. The world has turned into ‘new tobacco’. Neither poor nor can rich escape air pollution, according to WHO.
Yet, The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) concluded that the quality of inside air of home is more polluted than the quality of outside air. According to research that we spend most of the time indoors, so we can manage and control indoor polluted air. Let’s do start cleaning our indoor air.
First of all, we’ll have to know about myriad sources which are creating polluted indoor air, such as building materials, furnishings, unvented or malfunctioning appliances, and electronics, can release pollutants more or less, EPA says. Other sources, like smoking, cleaning or renovating, can release dangerous levels of pollutant indoors. Think again, if we spray scented air freshener to remove polluted air. That scent may be a style of indoor air pollution. Most air fresheners release most harmful chemicals into our home. Those harmful chemicals lead to serious health issues like stroke, asthma, and heart diseases.
Here, we have a myriad of solutions to improve our indoor air quality.
1. Introduce ventilation: It’s the miraculous (and ingenious!) way we can do to improve our indoor air quality. Let’s start to open our windows for 30 minutes a day to reduce the accumulation of harmful air pollutants. Extra great choice to use exhaust fans which remove indoor polluted & moisture air.
2. Spruce up our adornment with houseplants: American Society for Horticultural Science revealed that houseplants can help improve air quality. For example, spider plants, peace lily, lady palm, areca palm, golden cane palm, and bamboo palm, are effective at reducing benzene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and xylenes. Some supplementary plants help purify air like chrysanthemum, golden pothos, money plant, silver vine, centipede tongavine, and Boston fern
NOTE: Those with children or pets need to be cautious, however, as some plants have shown to be toxic to be unhealthful to young children and tiny animals. To find the right plant for you.
3. Opt for essential oil diffusers: Essentials oils, such as tea tree oil, eucalyptus, clove, cinnamon, thyme, lemon, grapefruit, and rosemary have proven to help reduce the number of bacteria, virus and even dust mites in our house. Weber State University explains that thieves oil has a 99.96% kill airborne bacteria. We’d like to thanks to our nature for providing such essentials oils.
4. Commemorate, if we make a choice for beeswax candles & salt lamps. It’ll get a little scientific about beeswax candles. beeswax candles ionize the air and neutralize toxic compounds and other contaminants. Besides improving the air quality at home, they burn with almost no smoke or scent. More another natural air purifier is a salt lamp which tends to reduce airborne irritants, pathogens and allergens by pulling water vapor out of the air. For example-Himalayan pink salt can add in your room or near your desk at the offices. Salt lamps improve indoor air much more when they turned on, but work when turned off too.
5. Let’s function the AC. There are two types of air conditioning system- central and separate based. In central, it has whole house air filtration system at our disposal. It works pulling air out of our home. Another filter, that needs to change, because this filter can trap particles while it does work.
6. Maintain your lovely pets groomed. We love pets but need to know that pet dander found everywhere in a home. Dander may cause us to develop asthma if it already exists, it can exacerbate asthma. We have to brush them and if it can possible to vacuum floors. It will be good for cleaning pet fur and dander.
7. Remove toxic chemicals. We bought different types of household cleaners. They are full of toxic chemicals that can cause eye, nose, throat and lung irritation. When it used, at least open windows while you work. Consider greener option, like prepare own household cleaners using ingredients such as vinegar, baking soda, citrus juice or essentials oils. They clean our home, also prevents toxicity in the environment also.
8. Quick tips must follow. Volatile organic compounds are harmful chemicals that linger in the air. When we buy new furniture, that it will emit VOCs, more at first and then taper off. To reduce the harm to your indoor VOCs air, keep it in outside or another place where nobody lives. Quit smoking inside homes and say no to dry dusting. Always use a damp cloth to clean up.